Friday, July 4, 2008

Celebrate Our Freedom and Those who Fight for it!

I am so thankful that I am free. Free to choose my path, free to choose my husband, free to choose how many kids I will have, free to choose how to raise them, free to choose what religion I am, free to choose period!! Although at times I think it might be easier if someone was at my side demanding that I choose certain things.....I am thankful that I do have that choice to make on my own! Jason's cousin JB recently returned from serving in Iraq.

I causally said "So, how was the WAR?" He answered "Well, it's not a lot of fun getting shot at everyday!" WOW! That gave me chills and made me see the reality a little more. What a service to us as Americans that we have so many soldiers of wars like JB out there to defend our Freedom. They lay their lives on the line so you and I can make our "Own Choices". They leave behind their family so you and I can have the freedom to choose our path. They leave their jobs and their lives behind so you and I can worship how and who we choose.
JB, what an honor it is for us to know you. Thanks you for being so brave and dedicated to America!

1 comments:

cathy said...

That was so great of you to put
this in about J.B. We all love
him so much. Boy was it uneasy
while he was there. Glad he is home, safe and sound.